POST-NATAL CARE TIPS FOR MOTHERS
Becoming a mother can be one of the most rewarding experiences of your life, and also, the most taxing. Needless to say, amidst all the new responsibilities, new mothers often ignore their own well-being. In order to take care of your new born in the utmost effective manner, it’s imperative for you to be at you prime and feel your best. For this purpose, here go some tips on postnatal care for mothers like you that have just delivered a baby:
- 1. Get a regular postnatal check-up done: This ensures that your body temperature, blood pressure and stitches and cuts (in case you had a Cesarean operation) are all appropriate and there are no abnormalities. After all, your body is still weak, and needs proper attention to recover. Therefore, do not miss the check-ups with your doctor at any cost.
- 2. Maintain proper hygiene: New borns are extremely sensitive towards the environment around them, especially when it comes to breastfeeding. Learn all about maintaining proper postnatal hygiene to keep your little one from attracting any infections. Use sterilised bottles, clean sheets and covers to keep your new born safe and yourself from acquiring any unforeseen health troubles.
- 3. Take out time to exercise: This is not just related to shedding off the excess pounds you may have put on during your pregnancy. A proper exercise regime and nutritious diet directly impacts your overall health. Therefore, consume foods rich in iron, calcium and vitamins, and work out for at least 30 minutes daily to maintain your health.
- 4. Drink plenty of water: Nothing helps recover you from childbirth like drinking at least 10-12 glasses of water on a daily basis. This helps keep your bodily fluids at their prime, keeps you energetic, keeps dehydration at bay, and away from any possible bladder infections.
- 5. Get as much rest as possible: It can be tedious to be attentive to your little one 24×7. If possible, don’t hesitate to get help from outside and sneak a few hours of rest. Your body needs as much break as possible in order to replenish its energy. What’s more, the more rest you take, the more you’re likely to keep away from postpartum blues. After all, you want to enjoy all aspects of motherhood, don’t you?
The pioneers in medical care in Pune, Oyster & Pearl Hospitals offer exemplary standards in care and treatment for you and your new born. With a legacy of 60 years in health care, their skilled teams of doctors, nurses and staff are dedicated to the mission of providing high-quality and safe post-delivery care to the patients.